Child Care Referral Specialist
The Referral Counselor is responsible for educating parents about child care, providing appropriate referrals to child care programs and maintaining an accurate database for referrals and statistical purposes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to parent inquiries about child care and early education options via phone or email by supplying basic counseling to include: actively listening to parent needs; clarifying the need; and educating the parent about available early childhood programs, program regulations and the parent’s options.
- Provide families with comprehensive information on child development, provider relationships, and subsidies to partially pay for child care, etc.
- Accurately enter client and provider information into the referral database.
- Maintain, update and expand provider files in the referral database to support the needs of families and to ensure that accurate reports and data can be accessed.
- Produce accurate reports from referral and/or provider database, as needed, in a timely manner.
- Perform duties, as needed, for the legally exempt child care providers.
- Represent the Agency in the community by participating in various activities and promoting the benefits of the Referral Service.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Serve clients whose first language is not English.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Social Work or related field
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent listening and phone skills
- Excellent computer literacy and keyboard skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Internet skills
- Experience working with multi-ethnic populations
- Experience working in a Not for profit agency
Job Types: Part-time
Pay: Starts at $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- 20 hours/week
- 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Associate Degree
- Customer service: 2 years
- Data entry: 2 years
- Early childhood education: 1 year
Send your resume to Karen Walsh at email@example.com.