Child Care Council of Dutchess and Putnam, Inc.
301 Manchester Road, Suite 201A
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
Full Job Description
The Finance Manager contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks for the not for profit organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and communicate with the Board's Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and petty cash
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Review monthly results and implement quarterly variance reporting to the Finance committee
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
- Prepare all disbursements related to the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) on a monthly basis.
- Prepare all vouchers related to payments of local, state and Federal government contracts
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Negotiate and manage the employee insurance and benefits plans
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the Executive Director and Treasurer
- B.S. Accounting/Finance
- Proficiency in Fund-EZ accounting software and Microsoft Excel
- 3 to 5 years of progressive financial responsibility in a not for profit environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting at $48,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Send your resume to Jeanne Wagner at email@example.com.