The Infant/Toddler Specialist provides technical assistance and trainings for Day Care Center, Family and Group Family Child Care Providers through a contract from NYS Office of Children and Family Services and sub-contracted through the Child Care Council of Westchester. The Infant/Toddler Specialist covers the counties of Dutchess, Putnam, Ulster, Orange and Sullivan. The Infant/Toddler Specialist reports to the Executive Director.
- Assist providers as they develop infant/toddler programs.
- Provide technical assistance and training to caregivers from centers and family or group family child care programs on best practices in serving infants and toddlers. The technical assistance and/or training may be in group sessions or on-site at programs.
- Serve as a resource to regional licensing/registration staff on issues related to infant/toddler care.
- Maintain all required documentation and files for timely reporting.
- Attend regional meetings and training sessions.
- Participate in educational activities such as seminars, workshops and professional conferences, as approved by the Executive Director.
- Represent CCCDP in the community by participating in various activities as approved or required by the Executive Director.
- Submit expense reports monthly to the Financial Manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Degree: Bachelors Degree
- Major: Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or related field
- Three years working directly with infants and toddlers in a regulated child care program and
- Two years working with child care providers as a trainer, supervisor or offering technical assistance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Travel throughout designated counties
- Must have a valid Driver License and reliable transportation
- Spanish language preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday