Child Care Registrar
Role : The Child Care Registrar implements the Registration contract within the terms set by the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) and according to the policies and procedures of the Child Care Council of Dutchess and Putnam, Inc. (CCCDP).
The Registrar reports to the Registration Supervisor.
- Become knowledgeable of Family Day Care and School Age Child Care regulations.
- Assist providers in completing the initial and renewal registration application.
- Investigate complaints, as required by the Registration Supervisor, and complete related reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain required computerized information on child care providers.
- Maintain required records for the quarterly Registration audit.
- Perform mandatory site visits to child care providers to assure adherence to OCFS regulations.
- Provide informal technical assistance to providers through telephone, email and personal consultation.
- Conduct training, as required by the Registration Supervisor, on regulations and other topics on best practices.
- Attend meetings and conferences as required by OCFS.
- Communicate provider issues to the Registration Supervisor.
- Prepare reports pertaining to the Registration contract as required by the Registration Supervisor or the Executive Director.
- Participate in continuing educational activities such as seminars, workshops and professional conferences, as approved by the Registration Supervisor or the Executive Director.
- Attend training workshops, conferences and community events representing CCCDP and promoting registration of homes and programs as approved by the Registration Supervisor.
- Submit expense reports monthly to the Registration Supervisor.
- Conduct inspections in both Dutchess County and Putnam County.
- Degree: Bachelors Degree required
- Major: Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Social Work or related Field
- Reliable transportation required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bilingual desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Publisher, Excel, Word, Outlook)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starts at $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- 35 hour work week
- Early childhood education: 2 years (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
Send your resume to Jennifer Brainard at firstname.lastname@example.org.