We are Hiring!
Child Care Registrar and Computer Operations Assistant
Role : The Child Care Registrar/ Computer Operations Assistant implements the Registration contract within the terms set by the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) and according to the policies and procedures of the Child Care Council of Dutchess and Putnam, Inc. (CCCDP).
The Registrar reports to the Registration Supervisor.
Registration Responsibilities :
- Become knowledgeable of Family Day Care and School Age Child Care regulations.
- Assist providers in completing the initial and renewal registration application.
- Investigate complaints, as required by the Registration Supervisor, and complete related reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain required computerized information on child care providers.
- Maintain required records for the quarterly Registration audit.
- Perform mandatory site visits to child care providers to assure adherence to OCFS regulations.
- Provide informal technical assistance to providers through telephone, email and personal consultation.
- Conduct training, as required by the Registration Supervisor, on regulations and other topics on best practices.
- Attend meetings and conferences as required by OCFS.
- Communicate provider issues to the Registration Supervisor.
- Prepare reports pertaining to the Registration contract as required by the Registration Supervisor or the Executive Director.
- Participate in continuing educational activities such as seminars, workshops and professional conferences, as approved by the Registration Supervisor or the Executive Director.
- Attend training workshops, conferences and community events representing CCCDP and promoting registration of homes and programs as approved by the Registration Supervisor.
- Submit expense reports monthly to the Registration Supervisor.
Parent Education Specialist:
- Conduct outreach to establish connections (Memorandums of Understanding) with community organizations.
- Promote parent education: 1) send quarterly electronic parent newsletters, 2) facilitate Parent Education Trainings two times per year.
Computer Operations Support
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Publisher, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Basic skills in website design, website maintenance and graphic design skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Basic knowledge of email marketing
- Basic IT support skills
- Ability to design forms when requested.
- Degree: Bachelors Degree required
- Major: Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Social Work or related Field
- Meet the travel requirements of the position as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bilingual desirable
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Childcare: 2 years (Preferred)
- Computer Operation: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply