Referral & Multi Media Specialist
The Referral and Multi Media Specialist educates parents about child care, provides appropriate referrals and maintains an accurate database for referrals and statistical purposes.
The Referral and Multi Media Specialist also has enthusiasm to work with social and print media in order to attract and interact with virtual communities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to parent inquiries about child care and early education options by supplying basic counseling to include: actively listening to parent needs; clarifying the need; and educating the parent about available early childhood programs, program regulations and the parent’s options.
- Provide families with comprehensive information on child development, provider relationships, subsidies, etc.
- Accurately enter client and provider information into the referral database.
- Maintain, update and expand provider files in the referral database to support the needs of families and to ensure that accurate reports and data can be accessed.
- Produce accurate reports from referral and/or provider database, as needed, in a timely manner.
- Perform duties, as needed, for legally exempt child care providers.
- Generate, edit, publish and share regular content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Monitor agency social media pages within platform to increase the visibility of the agency’s social content.
- Represent the Agency in the community by participating in various activities and promoting the benefits of the Referral Service.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Serve clients whose first language is not English.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Early Childhood preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Excellent listening and phone skills
- Experience working with multi-ethnic populations
- Excellent computer literacy and keyboard skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Internet skills
- Social networking experience
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Experience working in a not for profit agency
Job Types: Full-time
Pay: Starts at $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Customer service: 2 years
- Data entry: 2 years
- Early childhood education: 2 years
Send your resume to Karen Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.