Beginning your Child Care Search
- A good child care arrangement is based upon mutual respect between parent and child care provider.
- You will need to visit more than one program or home.
- You are the best judge of the right type of atmosphere for your child.
- Prices may vary greatly. As a general rule, most families pay between 10 and 35 percent of their gross income for child care.
- Trained Child Care Specialists are available to assist you with making your child care decisions. Call them with your questions or concerns.
- The referrals provided are not recommendations.
- No one knows your family as well as you do. What's good for one family is not necessarily good for yours.
- Trust yourself! Your good judgment and instincts are most important. If you feel you need more preparation, call the Council.